As if it is not enough all the work you have to do before the wedding when the big day approaches more and more others tasks are in your hands ready to be solved. And they request no delays unless you want to be a freaky bridezilla and see a ruined wedding plan. But not only this as even the bridal image can be affected my some mistakes. Fort example the wedding flowers get to be part of her complete view too, so the bouquet has to be a fresh one. You need to deal the flowers situation correctly.
But the first thought on regards of this subject is that once you buy them you only need to establish the hour and place to be delivered and expect correctitude for so to happen. What else can be your problem? Unless you buy already made bouquets, unless you use the flowers just like that with no design you don’t have much concerns. But less are the cases for the flowers to be used just simply tied. You need them arranged in attractive bouquets and so another issue will interfere: how far in advance should I make my wedding bouquets?
In the first place it stands the need for more of them so it must be about the bridal bouquet, the bridesmaids’ bouquets, the small flowers arrangements for the tables or for the church as well, some others for the cars if you want too. And in some cases are added bouquets for the mothers and the godmother(s). As a consequence, even considering making your own bridal bouquet there are too many involved, so no time, not that much skills to make them all, you need help. But above this you need to establish the right time for this task.
How far in advance should I make my wedding bouquets? Is a concern for all brides. And the answer is not right away coming, a strict, precise one for all cases. It depends on various aspects related to this subject, such as:
- The time you have placed the order. If you have left everything on the last month for example it will be hard to figure out at what time to make the bouquets so the time you receive the flowers first. It will be all a rush in the day before the event probably.
- The requests you have had from the very beginning. You are asked where to deliver the flowers. And with such a pressure brides forget about the flowers needed to be send to a specialist to be created the bouquets and they answer for their place or directly to the wedding location to be the sending address. With this mess you have the copy, another version of the above situation: the time to make the wedding bouquets is in the last day before the wedding.
- It depends on the flowers types. Some of them resist longer so no worries that they will become pale shortly in time. In this category are included the seasonal flowers with some exceptions and especially the exotic ones. Hence, some flowers require a constant water source. Being fragile they should be kept in water as much as possible. In this category are included flowers such as tulips, gerbera daisies, iris and others more. Making the bouquets too early will mean a risk for you so it should be about the wedding day exactly.
- The number of bouquets you need. As a continued story from the previous point, in case you have a big amount of bouquets needed to be done the day of the wedding is no the best solution. Better to start from the night before the wedding so it seems that you’ll be burning the midnight oil. It is not just about the how much time do the flowers resist fresh but the time to finish arranging them in bouquets.
- The possibility to preserve them or not. The florist should advice you properly for each type of flowers what climate conditions needs. You could do them the afternoon or the evening before the wedding and store them in the fridge, with water. As long as the temperature is between 36 and 46 degrees F they should last very well throughout the night.
But with so many worries this subject brings “how far in advance should I make my wedding bouquets” can find the answer in the professional help. In other words, don’t worry about this; just a day before the wedding ask for the flowers bought to be delivered to a specialist in the domain.
He or she will make the bouquets and of course with the risks assumed to deliver them in the wedding day, fresh and esthetically arranged. Money saves the situation.
Categories: Flowers | June 5th 2011 | By Sara